I’m very excited to participate in this Blog Hop sponsored by Operation Write Home!
The task is to choose your favorite 13 cards that you made in 2013!
I just started making cards this past May 2013 and I find it interesting to look back at old pictures of my cards and see how I’ve progressed as I learned new techniques and received different materials.
So here we go in no particular order! Hope you enjoy.
1. Hawaii Card – I go to Hawaii every year for a training. This year I decided to make about 30 Hawaii themed cards to take with me to sell after finding a great Aloha stamp set from Gina K Designs. This was one of my favorites as I love the color pallette and I love doing the embossing work. I was happy that I sold out of my cards 🙂
2. Christmas Card – This was the Christmas card that I designed and made for this year. As a music therapist and drum circle facilitator I couldn’t resist this fabulous Drummer Boy Stamp Set by Our Daily Bread Designs! As it was first year making my Christmas cards, I seriously underestimated the time it takes to make multiple cards. 15 cards took me about 12 hours over two days – but I think it was worth it as I received many positive comments about the card.
3. Halloween Card – I like the simple pattern of this one and how the hand stamped patterned paper that I made turned out.
4. Gifts card – I really enjoy using the red/black/white theme as to me they look so very elegant and polished. I just like this simple design and that it is appropriate for so many occasions.
5. Birthday cards – I love making my own patterned paper with fun stamps. I like how this patterned paper turned out for a fun, bright, festive birthday card.
6. I’ve enjoyed working on my embossing technique over the last couple of months. I just love how cards with embossing look! So elegant!
7. Breast Cancer awareness card – This October I worked on making quite a few Breast Cancer support cards decked out in various shades of pink. I found this great ribbon stick stamp as well the tree stamp at a scrapbook show from Stamps by Judith – definitely check them out.
8. Music card – I made this card for a friend of mine who was celebrating the opening of his community music school. I used silver embossing and a nice black/silver/red theme. Fun!
9. This one has to be my absolute favorite from 2013 – so much that I made a couple of them in various colors! I found the great coffee digi stamp from Bugaboo! I’m a huge coffee lover and I thought this sentiment was just so perfect!
10. I am a musician so I of course have many music themed stamps. I made a little music patterned paper and added the great music sentiment! Love making music cards!
11. I felt that this one turned out pretty nice. I made the patterned paper with a nice flourish stamp I had and incorporated various purple papers to made a nice clean, fresh card!
12. Hawaii card – This is another one from the collection of cards I took to Hawaii. I cut a piece of cardstock and used it as a pattern to make the waves with various colors of blue ink and a makeup sponge! Fun technique!
13. I absolutely love the great, creative brads that are available at The Eyelet Outlet so I designed quite a few cards built around using them as the theme. These candy cane brads are only a couple of the many, many, many packages I picked up at a scrapbook fair and an end of the year holiday sale online!
I hope you enjoyed my cards!
I look forward to making many, many more cards and perfecting some new techniques in 2014!
Happy cardmaking to all,