I found this great challenge blog 613 Avenue Create – love it. They do weekly card challenges with different themes. Please check them out at this link.
This weeks challenge is Anything Goes with an Twist to use Green & Gold. Being from Wisconsin, when I hear Green and Gold I of course think immediately – Green Bay Packers.
Here is my entry.
Hope you enjoy.
Happy almost end of August cardmakers and scrapbookers!
I went the Scrapbook Expo in Schaumburg, IL yesterday and of course spent some quality time at one of my favorite booths . . . Sparkle N Sprinkle!
And of course this time I just went for it and bought an entire tube of a mixture of glitters and embossing powders!!
I was so happy to get an email this afternoon letting me know about their August Challenge which is Anything Goes as long as it uses loose glitter or embossing powder . . . check the challenge blog out for yourself at the following link Sparkle N Sprinkle.
Anyway, given that it is getting into football season, here is my entry.
I used Sparkle N Sprinkle Embossing Powder (EP) Irish Spring detail opaque for the tree in this photo.
All of the stamps from this project including the tree, the cheese, the beer mug, and the football are from Stamps by Judith and Heather. Check them out!
Enjoy and Go Pack Go!
Okay, how much fun does this sound! Operation Write Home is having a 3 day card challenge this weekend called CARD BOWL!
Here is how it works (from operationwritehome.org):
Welcome to the 3-day Card Bowl Challenge! It’s Superbowl weekend, and we can’t let the men have all the fun, right?
Participate in challenges all three days by making a card and linking it up this weekend – and you’ll be entered in a drawing for a flat rate envelope filled with stampy goodness! Challenges can be completed anytime over the weekend – winners will be picked late Sunday night.
- Masculine Ode to the teams! Make a masculine card – for men, teens, or little boys – in any OWH-approved theme. And make your card somehow reflect either the Seahawks or Broncos. Use their colors, something about their city, their mascot – get creative! It doesn’t have to be a sports/football-related card. Inlinkz is below!
- Join in the ODBD challenge on this blog SATURDAY and make yours a masculine card. (Link up on that page.)
- Join in the Sunday Sketch challenge on this blog on SUNDAY and make yours a masculine card. (Link up on that page.)
And my card for # 1 is . . . (drum roll please!!!!!)
My own little version of Peyton Manning!
What I used:
* The Football Birdie digi stamp from my friends at Doodle Pantry! I LOVE Doodle Pantry digi stamps, ADORABLE! Visit them at doodlepantry.com
* Football ribbon from Michael’s. I love that Michael’s always has this great endcap of these great ribbons and they are only $1!!!!
* A great football brad from one of my favorite brad places . . . Eyelet Outlet! You have to check them out if you love using unique and creative brads. Visit them at eyeletoutlet.com
* The green football paper at the bottom is a digipaper that you get as part of the download with the Football Birdie digistamp at Doodle Pantry! The sentiment as well as others also come with that download!!
* some simple blue, orange, and black cardstock
So much fun, I think I will have to make one now for the Seattle Seahawks! After all . . . don’t want to show favoritism. (For the record, I am a huge Packer fan, therefore there may be a green and gold one in my future 🙂