Okay, how much fun does this sound! Operation Write Home is having a 3 day card challenge this weekend called CARD BOWL!
Here is how it works (from operationwritehome.org):
Welcome to the 3-day Card Bowl Challenge! It’s Superbowl weekend, and we can’t let the men have all the fun, right?
Participate in challenges all three days by making a card and linking it up this weekend – and you’ll be entered in a drawing for a flat rate envelope filled with stampy goodness! Challenges can be completed anytime over the weekend – winners will be picked late Sunday night.
- Masculine Ode to the teams! Make a masculine card – for men, teens, or little boys – in any OWH-approved theme. And make your card somehow reflect either the Seahawks or Broncos. Use their colors, something about their city, their mascot – get creative! It doesn’t have to be a sports/football-related card. Inlinkz is below!
- Join in the ODBD challenge on this blog SATURDAY and make yours a masculine card. (Link up on that page.)
- Join in the Sunday Sketch challenge on this blog on SUNDAY and make yours a masculine card. (Link up on that page.)
And my card for # 1 is . . . (drum roll please!!!!!)
My own little version of Peyton Manning!
What I used:
* The Football Birdie digi stamp from my friends at Doodle Pantry! I LOVE Doodle Pantry digi stamps, ADORABLE! Visit them at doodlepantry.com
* Football ribbon from Michael’s. I love that Michael’s always has this great endcap of these great ribbons and they are only $1!!!!
* A great football brad from one of my favorite brad places . . . Eyelet Outlet! You have to check them out if you love using unique and creative brads. Visit them at eyeletoutlet.com
* The green football paper at the bottom is a digipaper that you get as part of the download with the Football Birdie digistamp at Doodle Pantry! The sentiment as well as others also come with that download!!
* some simple blue, orange, and black cardstock
So much fun, I think I will have to make one now for the Seattle Seahawks! After all . . . don’t want to show favoritism. (For the record, I am a huge Packer fan, therefore there may be a green and gold one in my future 🙂