Well it is Wednesday and time for the Operation Write Home Midweek Throw Down Challenge. This weeks theme was to make something “punny”. No problem!
I have been purposely trying to work on some general cards that are more appropriate for children for my next Operation Write Home shipment as I know there are a lot of kids out there missing their mommies and daddies away in the military!
I thought this little guy did the trick for this punny challenge . . . a little Bird-day card!
The image and the sentiment are from one of my favorite digital stamp places . . . Doodle Pantry! If you haven’t checked them out, do so soon at doodlepantry.com. She has the cutest digital stamps, lots of online freebies, more freebies when you place an order, and wonderful prices! Can you tell I’m a huge fan!!
A little Cuddlebug embossing on some bright primary color cardstock and a couple of red pearl embellishments to finish it off!
I hope you enjoy it!
Okay, how much fun does this sound! Operation Write Home is having a 3 day card challenge this weekend called CARD BOWL!
Here is how it works (from operationwritehome.org):
Welcome to the 3-day Card Bowl Challenge! It’s Superbowl weekend, and we can’t let the men have all the fun, right?
Participate in challenges all three days by making a card and linking it up this weekend – and you’ll be entered in a drawing for a flat rate envelope filled with stampy goodness! Challenges can be completed anytime over the weekend – winners will be picked late Sunday night.
- Masculine Ode to the teams! Make a masculine card – for men, teens, or little boys – in any OWH-approved theme. And make your card somehow reflect either the Seahawks or Broncos. Use their colors, something about their city, their mascot – get creative! It doesn’t have to be a sports/football-related card. Inlinkz is below!
- Join in the ODBD challenge on this blog SATURDAY and make yours a masculine card. (Link up on that page.)
- Join in the Sunday Sketch challenge on this blog on SUNDAY and make yours a masculine card. (Link up on that page.)
And my card for # 1 is . . . (drum roll please!!!!!)
My own little version of Peyton Manning!
What I used:
* The Football Birdie digi stamp from my friends at Doodle Pantry! I LOVE Doodle Pantry digi stamps, ADORABLE! Visit them at doodlepantry.com
* Football ribbon from Michael’s. I love that Michael’s always has this great endcap of these great ribbons and they are only $1!!!!
* A great football brad from one of my favorite brad places . . . Eyelet Outlet! You have to check them out if you love using unique and creative brads. Visit them at eyeletoutlet.com
* The green football paper at the bottom is a digipaper that you get as part of the download with the Football Birdie digistamp at Doodle Pantry! The sentiment as well as others also come with that download!!
* some simple blue, orange, and black cardstock
So much fun, I think I will have to make one now for the Seattle Seahawks! After all . . . don’t want to show favoritism. (For the record, I am a huge Packer fan, therefore there may be a green and gold one in my future 🙂